Many people are unaware that there are over the counter alternatives to Adderall containing vitamins and natural herbal substitute supplements for ADD.
Below average levels of neurotransmitters in the brain is how ADD/ADHD is thought to occur. These neurotransmitters are what your brain uses for cognitive functions like concentration that play a role in ADD and ADHD. Usually doctors would prescribe drugs like Adderall or Ritalin which are stimulants that help raise these neurotransmitters in the brain, however these vitamins and herbs for Attention Deficit Disorder and OTC supplements like Adderall can help these symptoms in a safe and more natural way.
Choline is a vitamin for ADD and over the counter Adderall substitute that is a water soluble B-Vitamin that must be consumed in order for our bodies to remain healthy because it is an essential nutrient. It is an important vitamin for ADD because it is the precursor needed to produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine which is involved in the functioning of the brain. Since choline plays a role in producing and releasing acetylcholine, it is considered cholinergic. It is also used as a nootropic or ‘smart drug’ because of the various cognitive enhancing functions that acetylcholine has on the brain.
Natural Foods that Work Like Adderall as a Vitamin for ADD: Choline
- Cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and broccoli.
- Eggs specifically egg yolk
- Black beans and kidney beans
Along with brain boosting effects, foods containing choline also have numerous health benefits
- Allows cell membranes to keep functioning properly
- Allows nerve communication with muscles
- Prevents the build up of a harmful compound in the blood called homocysteine which is associated with osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease
Herbs for ADD